Ingatestone & District Camera Club (I&DCC) collects contact information from members, exhibition entrants, judges, guest speakers and people associated with the club and its running.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Specifically, members’ information is collected from the application form by the Membership Secretary, where the applicant is required to give their informed consent for it to be collected and stored. The form includes:
- Name & title
- Postal address
- Email address
- Telephone number/s
- Voluntary information: camera make/model owned, photographic interests etc
WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DATA?
- The only people with access to the data held will be members of the committee, who will use it to contact you for and on behalf of the I&DCC.
- We will use your contact data to send you information about club or competition rules, events or new season’s details or any other club business which may, from time to time, be required for the running of the club.
- When entering our competitions, internal, inter club and exhibition, I&DCC reserve the right to publish your name and title of your picture/image.
This information will also be published on our website in our gallery section.
- It will be kept secure and will not be shared with any third parties for any reason, other than legal obligation.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION CAN BE UPDATED, CORRECTED OR DELETED
- Contact details will be collected when first joining the club. These can also be updated at any time by informing the Membership Secretary of any changes.
- Your data will only be retained as long as you are a member or until it becomes clear you are not renewing your membership in the new club year, which starts in September. Unless you specifically tell us you are not rejoining earlier, your data will be deleted by the end of November from the records of all persons entitled to hold it as above. However, your images may still be viewed on the website for up to two years. If you wish for these to be removed please inform the Chairperson in writing by email.
- All members have the right to access the information that the club holds about them, at any time by request. You also have the right to withdraw permission for I&DCC to hold your data, which will be securely deleted from the records.
- If you have any queries, please contact our Membership Secretary or Chairman